An excerpt from Wind in the Willows

Nice? It's the ONLY thing, said the Water Rat solemnly, as he leant forward for his stroke. Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING - absolute nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing, he went on dreamily: messing - about - in - boats; messing----'
From 'Wind in the Willows' by Kenneth Grahame.

Saturday, 28 January 2012

Byfleet Boat Club Magazine

For my sins I edit the Byfleet Boat Club magazine 'By The Wey'.  At the committee meeting last night the Commodore announced that he had received an E-mail as a result of my editorial (January-2012 magazine) about pumpout facilities - 'A difficult time for those equipped with a pumpout loo system over Christmas with both Pyrford and Guildford Boat House unavailable. A case for a pumpout at the Club?'

I commented that it was nice to have feedback on the magazine and another committee member did say that the membership only seemed to comment when I talked about s^&t.  I could see the very funny side but it is hardly fair...... :-))

No comments:

Post a Comment