An excerpt from Wind in the Willows

Nice? It's the ONLY thing, said the Water Rat solemnly, as he leant forward for his stroke. Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING - absolute nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing, he went on dreamily: messing - about - in - boats; messing----'
From 'Wind in the Willows' by Kenneth Grahame.

Thursday, 19 January 2012

Full List of boats invited to QDJP

I came across this list last night.  My friends Rodney and Valerie Wardlaw and I remain surprised that we were selected to be with such august company and that so many of those who took part in the practices were not invited.  I suppose that's life.

There's a BBC news report here and just to be fair here's a Sky one (sorry about the advertising)..

I hope we can represent all those who applied, but were unsuccessful, in an appropriate way.

No comments:

Post a Comment