An excerpt from Wind in the Willows

Nice? It's the ONLY thing, said the Water Rat solemnly, as he leant forward for his stroke. Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING - absolute nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing, he went on dreamily: messing - about - in - boats; messing----'
From 'Wind in the Willows' by Kenneth Grahame.

Monday, 2 January 2012

Licence Renewal

The bill for the Wey licence has arrived up £12 to £204 - not too bad I suppose but the 'sneaky' one is the increase in mooring fees, up by about 10% which makes my chat with the owners of a boathouse on the Wey (which is in need of use) quite good timing. Let's hope something comes of the discussions about the boathouse.

Slightly off topic but just seen that my home country (New Zealand) and especially the city of Christchurch has suffered 48 earthquakes in 24 hours - can't begin to think what that must be like for them; poor souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment