An excerpt from Wind in the Willows

Nice? It's the ONLY thing, said the Water Rat solemnly, as he leant forward for his stroke. Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING - absolute nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing, he went on dreamily: messing - about - in - boats; messing----'
From 'Wind in the Willows' by Kenneth Grahame.

Sunday, 5 February 2012

CaRT: Boater's Representatives

One wonders why there are 5 (arguably 6) people who have put themselves forward for the four positions as boater's representatives who are very closely allied to the IWA - that's greater than 10% of the total number of people who have put their names forward.

IMHO I think we need a 'broad church' approach and have views from all sides rather than all the boaters representatives being from one organisation.

I find the whole process very odd and questionable.

As much as I support the IWA I do hope the boater's representatives are what the job title says - representative.

No comments:

Post a Comment