An excerpt from Wind in the Willows

Nice? It's the ONLY thing, said the Water Rat solemnly, as he leant forward for his stroke. Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING - absolute nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing, he went on dreamily: messing - about - in - boats; messing----'
From 'Wind in the Willows' by Kenneth Grahame.

Friday, 24 February 2012

House on the market

The living room with the fire roaring
I have made a decision to put the house on the market with a local estate agent but have no idea where I'll go if it sells.  I am really becoming quite concerned about the proposed developments in my village (Brookwood) which in my humble opinion will ruin it.  There's Brookwood Farm (the local Council's response to pressure from central Government) and there's also the development of the old Deepcut Army barracks which I think will also impact on Brookwood - being at the bottom of the Deepcut flight of locks and the only 'local' railway station.

There's going to be a huge impact on infrastructure in my view so I thought seeing the house was tidy, the loft sorted (after 25 years!) and that spring was approaching it might be a good idea to test the market.  If the house sells I'll probably put my furniture into storage and live on the boat for the summer and then come back into the market as a 'first time' buyer although I must say that this bungalow on the edge of Bottomley Lock (33) on the Rochdale and close to friends in Mytholmroyd takes my fancy somewhat.

No comments:

Post a Comment