An excerpt from Wind in the Willows

Nice? It's the ONLY thing, said the Water Rat solemnly, as he leant forward for his stroke. Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING - absolute nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing, he went on dreamily: messing - about - in - boats; messing----'
From 'Wind in the Willows' by Kenneth Grahame.

Saturday, 24 March 2012

Lovely day for all those little things

The new turnbuckles
The scratches were the result of the thefts
I needed new 'turnbuckles' on my new front fenders (good deal from Amazon at £9.99 for two - we'll see how long they remain rust free but they do look the part) so I took the opportunity to fit them today - along with bits of wool round my wrist attached to the loose bits in case I dropped them.  Of course having taken precautions I didn't drop them!


Also took the opportunity to polish the brass after the long and cold winter - it does look so good when it is polished but I don't really look forward to doing the work to make it look good!

Leo No2 is now ready for her trip up the Basingstoke at Easter.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathryn, Love your blog too - mutual admiration society! You don't seem to have many (any?) comments on your posts. Do you just ditch them or doesn't anyone bother? It would be interesting to hear about some of your background to boating here as part of the intro. maybe. Thanks for adding my blog to your list of Special Waterway Friends - I didn't know I had any!

    Billy Nomates

    ReplyDelete