An excerpt from Wind in the Willows

Nice? It's the ONLY thing, said the Water Rat solemnly, as he leant forward for his stroke. Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING - absolute nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing, he went on dreamily: messing - about - in - boats; messing----'
From 'Wind in the Willows' by Kenneth Grahame.

Monday, 23 April 2012

Byfleet Boat Club - New Commodore

Byfleet Boat Club held its AGM yesterday (22-April-12) and I was elected Commodore.  It's a bit daunting but I have kept reminding myself that it's a boat club and that we will all work together to achieve what needs to be done.  It's a club for the benefit of members and I think that my main aim will be to ensure the club is run according to its Memorandum and Articles of Association (and that the rules of the club apply to all notwithstanding that where can provide flexibility that helps a member without inconveniencing another we should do that).

I know the committee are there because they want to be, I am sure all members will help run the club and I am sure everything will be fine but at the moment it all feels a little daunting. 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Kathryn! It's a vote of confidence from the members, so you must be doing something right.
    Just blogged my w/end at Lower heyford:-
    http://nbstronghold.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete