An excerpt from Wind in the Willows

Nice? It's the ONLY thing, said the Water Rat solemnly, as he leant forward for his stroke. Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING - absolute nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing, he went on dreamily: messing - about - in - boats; messing----'
From 'Wind in the Willows' by Kenneth Grahame.

Monday, 28 May 2012

Bit of a worry

I haven't had a great appetite recently so went to see my GP.  The practice is wonderful and I was asked to come back a week after the first appointment.  I did (feeling a lot better but not 100%) so a blood test was taken.  The results will be back on Monday they kindly said.

I rang, as agreed, this afternoon and was told that the doctor wanted to discuss the results with me and he would call me after 19:00.  I spent a good few hours discovering I had every disease known to humankind except, perhaps, for housemaid's knee!

The doctor who rang was not the one who took the blood sample - when the phone rang it took me ages to answer it but answer it I did.  He quietly asked if I had fasted before the blood test - no I hadn't as it was a 'spur of the moment' decision to take the test.  Oh that's OK then he said - your glucose level is high (7.8) but if it was a non-fasting one everything is fine.

May be I do have housemaid's knee and nothing else!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment