An excerpt from Wind in the Willows

Nice? It's the ONLY thing, said the Water Rat solemnly, as he leant forward for his stroke. Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING - absolute nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing, he went on dreamily: messing - about - in - boats; messing----'
From 'Wind in the Willows' by Kenneth Grahame.

Friday, 8 June 2012

Back home - and drying out

Leo No2 as captured by the BBC
No not the Byfleet Boat Club - the
other BBC!
It was so wet yesterday that my automatic life jacket did what it should and inflated.  Gave me one hell of a shock I am afraid but the new parts are already on order.  It was so wet coming up from Limehouse - we left at 13:00 and finally got onto some moorings at Hampton by about 18:00 thoroughly soaked.  Good fish and chips locally thank goodness.

Off this morning and home (real home) by 14:00 but a return to the boat is needed to really tidy up.

All in all a wonderful weekend never to be repeated but if there is a God why such weather?

2 comments:

  1. So glad that you got back safely - I've been thinking about you out and about in those gale force winds!

    Sue, nb Indigo Dream

    ReplyDelete
  2. Us boaters are a tough lot and prepared for anything - as you have recently proved. I had a similar experience with a Water Buoy that was in the rain too long - even more embarassing when it goes off in the pub! I trust everything will be shipshape for the Stratford voyage!

    ReplyDelete