An excerpt from Wind in the Willows

Nice? It's the ONLY thing, said the Water Rat solemnly, as he leant forward for his stroke. Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING - absolute nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing, he went on dreamily: messing - about - in - boats; messing----'
From 'Wind in the Willows' by Kenneth Grahame.

Thursday, 7 June 2012

Looking Back

Well it was a great week - despite the disgraceful coverage on the BBC in my humble opinion (IMHO). There is a bit of Leo No2 at 1:40 - headlight (Francis) on full beam.

Leo No2 (with light on - on right) entering
West India at the end of the pageant
On the Monday we took the boat back to Limehouse (really easy entrance into Limehouse with a tide on the flood - huge tide to boot).  My friends Rod and Val didn't come with us as Val had the misfortune to fall into the well deck of Pirate Prince and injure herself so it off to hospital for her.

I decided that I should go and help them bring the boat round to Limehouse on the Tuesday - despite the feeling from Rodney that he could do it easily - I am pleased I did go and crew as it was an 'interesting' trip around.

On Wednesday my friend Sue went off to Paris and the rest of us (except Val) enjoying Beating Retreat at Horesguards' Parade followed by an enjoyable evening in the Union Jack club at Waterloo.

At 13:00 on Thursday we came out of Limehouse Lock and headed towards Teddington in pouring rain - it just got worse and worse but we had a good (but wet) trip and moored at Hampton Court for the evening - very unseasonal weather.

PS: Acknowledgement that the picture came from Grumpy Bear Too blog.

1 comment:

  1. How is Val? I hope she isn't too badly injured - please send them our best wishes if you're in contact with them.

    We are still sorting our photos and finding images on flickr - I will pass on the links soon!

    Regards

    Sue, nb Indigo Dream

    ReplyDelete