An excerpt from Wind in the Willows

Nice? It's the ONLY thing, said the Water Rat solemnly, as he leant forward for his stroke. Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING - absolute nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing, he went on dreamily: messing - about - in - boats; messing----'
From 'Wind in the Willows' by Kenneth Grahame.

Monday, 11 June 2012

Off again soon

To Stratford-on-Avon via the Oxford but for the time being am enjoying the dry warmth of my house.

Leo No2 just after Lambeth bridge
(Ian Moore)
I sent an E-Mail to David Phillips - Chief Harbourmaster of the Port of London just to say thank you and part of his reply included the following 'the narrowboats acquitted themselves very well from start to finish and looked very good and together from my vantage point at the London VTS'.

At the time of the pageant I was cold and wet and kind of wondering why I was there.  As the pictures and videos become available I can re-live the event and it seems to get better and better - maybe my brain is not so good at remembering the cold and wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment