An excerpt from Wind in the Willows

Nice? It's the ONLY thing, said the Water Rat solemnly, as he leant forward for his stroke. Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING - absolute nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing, he went on dreamily: messing - about - in - boats; messing----'
From 'Wind in the Willows' by Kenneth Grahame.

Monday, 18 June 2012

Off again

My friend Ray and I are off again - this time to take my boat to Stratford on Avon for painting.

However one of the things we will do is test Herbie's CanalOmeter on the GU - Ray says it will be fine but it may need a little tweaking concerning pubs and the quality of the beer.  I am sure we will keep this blog up-to-date and report on the effectiveness of the CanalOmeter as it applies to pubs and beer.

1 comment:

  1. It'll be interesting to know how you get on with the canalometer. I reckon it's pretty accurate over four or five hours but a bit pessimistic over short distances. Inevitable delays and stops for water etc make up the difference.

    As to the pubs, I'll leave that to you, but I would strongly recommend the Rising Sun at Berkhamstead if you like your ales or cider.

    Our paths may cross as we are off to Stratford too. You may see us on our way back.

    Neil

    ReplyDelete