An excerpt from Wind in the Willows

Nice? It's the ONLY thing, said the Water Rat solemnly, as he leant forward for his stroke. Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING - absolute nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing, he went on dreamily: messing - about - in - boats; messing----'
From 'Wind in the Willows' by Kenneth Grahame.

Sunday, 3 June 2012

Ready to go at West India

Just waiting now for the 'off'.  Delayed by 30 mins - no reason and not asking.  Fine drizzle and a bit of an easterly blowing but that will be behind us going up river.

Everyone out pacing up and down the towpath - the Thames is now closed and the barrier goes into 'defence' at 09:30 until 23:30.  All very exciting.

Free drinks coupons handed out available to use from 19:00 tonight - will we be back by then I wonder?

BW have kindly given each narrowboat a gift (liquid) - very much appreciated by all.

10 mins 'till we need to go - engines on then I suppose - President has had her engine on all night!!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, but I don't think I could have jumped through all those hoops beforehand!

    ReplyDelete