An excerpt from Wind in the Willows

Nice? It's the ONLY thing, said the Water Rat solemnly, as he leant forward for his stroke. Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING - absolute nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing, he went on dreamily: messing - about - in - boats; messing----'
From 'Wind in the Willows' by Kenneth Grahame.

Thursday, 12 July 2012

Painting update (4) - back to Green

It's still in undercoat but we have returned to green.  The final colours will be green (British Racing Green is the nearest description I can give) with red (Post Office) panels, gold (well bright yellow I suppose) outlines to the panels - square ends (traditional) not scalloped and a raddle red roof.  As near to traditional as I can get in discussion with Dave Moore.

The photo on the right is the current layout - I shall keep the panels the same as the gaps are adjacent to roof drains (perish the thought of messy water marks running down a panel) and the panels were originally designed by Dave Moore - I shall have my name in place of Aquarius and Black Boy Bridge  in place of Narrowboat Fitters.  Although I moor at Addlestone and specifically at what is known as Pelican Wharf after the pub of the same name there never has been a Pelican Wharf and there certainly isn't one now. The National Trust call them the Addlestone Moorings but Addlestone is not quite what I want on the side of the boat and Black Boy Bridge (note not Black Boys Bridge or Blackboy Bridge) seems, to me, to be more appropriate.

1 comment:

  1. As an art student researching the work of the Impressionists, I have big help from this site called wahooart.com. It's like a good art library, where, convenient for me,
    works of artists are divided into art movements in history. Some of the works I had never seen before.
    As the canvas prints are affordable, I ordered online a little size canvas print of my favorite,
    http://en.wahooart.com/
    A55A04/w.nsf/OPRA/BRUE-8EWE3X
    , by Claude Monet.

    ReplyDelete