An excerpt from Wind in the Willows

Nice? It's the ONLY thing, said the Water Rat solemnly, as he leant forward for his stroke. Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING - absolute nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing, he went on dreamily: messing - about - in - boats; messing----'
From 'Wind in the Willows' by Kenneth Grahame.

Sunday, 23 September 2012

Well it made me laugh out loud

Warning! Self-inflates when wet
When I was returning from the Queen's Diamond Jubilee events in London the weather was awful (who doesn't remember the 'summer' we enjoyed this year).

When moored at Hampton Court there was a huge bang in the middle of the night, I looked outside and saw nothing and the boat felt fine so I went back to bed. When I got up in the morning I noticed that one of my lifejackets had self-inflated due to having become so wet.

My friends Mick and Suzanne, who are cruising the North Oxford at the moment, (but I suspect the card was bought tin Banbury as they mention climbing the Hill at Napton) saw the card in the picture and kindly sent it to me to remind me of the events of the summer. How very kind of them.  Holly is a lovely 9-year-old Cocker Spaniel.

No comments:

Post a Comment