An excerpt from Wind in the Willows

Nice? It's the ONLY thing, said the Water Rat solemnly, as he leant forward for his stroke. Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING - absolute nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing, he went on dreamily: messing - about - in - boats; messing----'
From 'Wind in the Willows' by Kenneth Grahame.

Tuesday, 16 October 2012

Another good Basingstoke update

The BCA workboat right outside my
 house having cleared some trees in the pound
The BCA workboat appeared in the Brookwood pound yesterday - that means it has come up the Brookwood 3 so they must work.  That's great news as is the news (late on Friday) that Byfleet Boat Club may use Woodham, St John's and Brookwood flights for their Christmas / New Year cruise.  Things really are looking up.

Update @ 16:00 - A knock on the door.  An Irishman was there asking if I wanted a new drive.  No thank says I, at any price.  His eye was, however on the BCA workboat with its outboard motor and covered wood chipper.  Who owns the boat he asked.  Nothing to do with you was my answer - would you now please leave.  It was very clear to me that he was here to suss out the boat with a view to relieving it of an outboard motor and wood chipper.  The boat is locked to a tree of mine, the outboard is locked on and the wood chipper has had a wheel removed on purpose but I suspect that will only delay them should they choose to take these two items.  I have informed the Police that I had an uninvited guest at my front door. 

No comments:

Post a Comment