An excerpt from Wind in the Willows

Nice? It's the ONLY thing, said the Water Rat solemnly, as he leant forward for his stroke. Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING - absolute nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing, he went on dreamily: messing - about - in - boats; messing----'
From 'Wind in the Willows' by Kenneth Grahame.

Thursday, 18 October 2012

House move by boat?

NBT boats Nuneaton and
Brighton
I have seen the house (of my dreams?) and been to see it. It's alongside a canal about an hour or so away from where I live.  I have put my house on the market.  It occurred to me that as my house is canalside and the new one (if the sale and purchase is successful) is also canalside that I should consider moving my house contents by boat.

I asked the Narrow Boat Trust if, in principle, they would be interested in such an undertaking. I was delighted when the reply from the Trust said that they would love to do it! I think all my 'stuff' would fit on one boat so it looks, if the sale and purchase is successful it will be Nuneaton.

3 comments:

  1. We have no problem guessing who will be offering to drive it for you..... :-)
    Kath (nb Herbie)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't even put 5p on the outcome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who are we talking about here? If your move is in the good ship Brighton, who is going to bow haul if for you? Maybe Nuneaton would be a better bet!

    ReplyDelete