An excerpt from Wind in the Willows

Nice? It's the ONLY thing, said the Water Rat solemnly, as he leant forward for his stroke. Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING - absolute nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing, he went on dreamily: messing - about - in - boats; messing----'
From 'Wind in the Willows' by Kenneth Grahame.

Thursday, 22 November 2012

Big Decision moves on

I have had my offer accepted on a property in Stoke Bruerne alongside the lock waiting area above Stoke Bruerne top lock. It's the second cottage along from the left. My name is down for a mooring with CaRT.  As always there's always many a slip twixt cup and lip but I am hopeful that there will be as few issues as possible and I can move to Stoke Bruerne without too much delay.  I would like to think I could volunteer at the Canal Museum during the colder times (days with less daylight) and perhaps with CaRT during the summer.  Time will tell. Click for full details.

5 comments:

  1. What a fantastic location! I had a sneaky glance through the window when we came through a couple of weeks ago. I think it's been a holiday let recently, hasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam - Yes it has been a holiday let - it needs some work to move it on from that (a good project I think) and I suppose one of my reasons for wanting to take it on was that I thought that these were village houses and should be lived in rather than holiday lets as No3 and No4 still are. I believe No1 is privately owned. I'll be able to welcome all my 'blogger' friends for a coffee before too long - I think exchange will be around the end of March and then there's some time required to get the house in order.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking through the window, I was surprised how shallow the houses were -- you can easily see the back wall. I guess it's pretty much one room on each floor. I hope you're braced for the flurry of requests for help up the locks by all your blogger friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's getting closer - how exciting for you. I can see foresee it ending up as a coffee shop for all your boating friends after they have done the tunnel or the locks! I hope you like Indian food. That is one of the best Indian restaurants I have eaten in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations - we'll keep our fingers crossed that all goes well
    Phil & Carol

    ReplyDelete