An excerpt from Wind in the Willows

Nice? It's the ONLY thing, said the Water Rat solemnly, as he leant forward for his stroke. Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING - absolute nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing, he went on dreamily: messing - about - in - boats; messing----'
From 'Wind in the Willows' by Kenneth Grahame.

Sunday, 2 December 2012

Structural Survey

The barrel roofed kitchen
Well, considering the house is really quite old (yes there is something older than me!), the structural survey doesn't look too bad to me - I am going to review it with friends this week to ensure I understand what it says and that I haven't glossed over things that are important or thought things were important that really aren't.

One of the things that impressed me was that the Surveyor refused to do it himself as he had previously owned the house (small world) and therefore knew the vendor.  It's what we used to call a 'conflict of interest' and I am very grateful to the surveyor for being so honest with me.

There's a definite need for a new kitchen so I've had fun looking at the kind of kitchens John Lewis have - just for ideas you understand - their kitchens are quite expensive in my view.  I have other ideas for the house all of which will need to comply with the Article 4(2) designation the house has and the fact that it is in a conservation area.

No comments:

Post a Comment