An excerpt from Wind in the Willows

Nice? It's the ONLY thing, said the Water Rat solemnly, as he leant forward for his stroke. Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING - absolute nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing, he went on dreamily: messing - about - in - boats; messing----'
From 'Wind in the Willows' by Kenneth Grahame.

Friday, 28 December 2012

To Brookwood

Well we've made it to Brookwood (that's Sheets Heath Bridge and not Brookwood Country Park). A few issues today but nothing that a sense of adventure, a few more boats, some dredging and a bit of TLC won't fix.

I am delighted that we've got boats back to Brookwood again after, I think, four years or so - far too long in my view.

I'll post some pictures when I can but at the moment I can't get a gangplank across to my house so I'll try and do that in the morning if I can.

In the picture left to right - Leo No2, Hazell Nut, Aqua Vitae, Winter Lilly (all from Byfleet Boat Club)

No comments:

Post a Comment