An excerpt from Wind in the Willows

Nice? It's the ONLY thing, said the Water Rat solemnly, as he leant forward for his stroke. Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING - absolute nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing, he went on dreamily: messing - about - in - boats; messing----'
From 'Wind in the Willows' by Kenneth Grahame.

Friday, 18 January 2013

To Brighten your spirits

Feeing a bit down with another survey on my house today - can't understand what's going on and unable to move the boat yesterday due to low water levels in the pound coupled with a silt buildup that no one seems to want to address.  Irritating.

However my friend Sue in Tenby sent me a link to this video which raised my spirits.

My estate agent rang this morning.  It seems that the survey undertaken eight or so weeks ago was a valuation survey for the Building Society.  The solicitor for the purchasers wanted to ensure the Titles(s) to the property were 'good'.  Now that those criteria have been satisfied there's to be a structural survey which I thought had been done eight weeks ago.  It's a lot like everything in life - communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment