An excerpt from Wind in the Willows

Nice? It's the ONLY thing, said the Water Rat solemnly, as he leant forward for his stroke. Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING - absolute nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing, he went on dreamily: messing - about - in - boats; messing----'
From 'Wind in the Willows' by Kenneth Grahame.

Tuesday, 5 March 2013

Getting ready for moving on to CRT Waters

I have so much on my plate at the moment (moving house and organising the Basingstoke Easter cruise) that I take every opportunity to do the little things that need to be done. 

Today it was putting BW (well CRT really) numbers on the boat.  It has always been registered with BW/CRT but not licenced as it has been resident on the Wey.  I ordered vinyl computer cut numbers in the right shade of yellow (very nearly!) with a BW logo as the boat was built during BW's time - they came from Kaleco - ordered at 14:00 arrived with my mail (from Derby) at 09:00 the following day.  That's one more thing out of the way.   I didn't want to put the numbers on at all but I don't particularly like the 'tin plate' ones BW supplied and wouldn't screw them to the hull so it seemed that 'vinyl cut' ones were the best option.

No comments:

Post a Comment