An excerpt from Wind in the Willows

Nice? It's the ONLY thing, said the Water Rat solemnly, as he leant forward for his stroke. Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING - absolute nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing, he went on dreamily: messing - about - in - boats; messing----'
From 'Wind in the Willows' by Kenneth Grahame.

Wednesday, 13 March 2013

It's all happening now

The 'Borrowdale' kitchen
Since I 'exchanged' last night it seems as if the flood gates have opened. Today I had a previously arranged appointment with Benchmarx (part of the Travis Perkins Group it seems) in Northampton to sort out a new kitchen.  The one I chose is called Borrowdale - image to the left.  I did consider creme but having had a creme kitchen for some time decided that a stronger colour may be a good choice.

This evening I have been in contact with BT and arranged to stop the services on my current line and start a new one some six weeks later so that's another thing done.

The issue that fills me with the deepest gloom is packing up and deciding what to throw out.  I'm not good at throwing out (nor was my Mum) so I am going to have to be ruthless (for me) and either have a 'garage' sale or throw stuff out.  Not looking forward to that.

Oh and I have to find somewhere for the boat.  I will leave it on its current mooring (River Wey) until the end of September and then move it up the Grand Union and I think I'll start by putting it in Blisworth Marina (no locks but a big tunnel!)

5 comments:

  1. We moor at Kingfisher Marina at Yardley Gobion. It has a friendly atmosphere and the added bonus of Baxters Boatyard. If we can only spare a few days, we either head up the locks to Stoke Bruerne, or down to Cosgrove or Great Linford.

    Regards,
    Dave
    NB Sophie-Jane No.2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dave - I am going to leave the boat on the Wey until the end of September (Byfleet Boat Club commitments) but will spend some time looking at various marinas and opportunities for mooring. Thank you for your comments - they are most helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathryn all the best for your move. We will always appreciate your help for letting us moor at the bottom of your garden for two weeks ha ha I think it ended up 2 years before we could move. Thanks again for your help. We are also on the move although not to far. We will be moving to Upwell not far from Sue & Dave Venn, our new house will have a mooring on Well Creek so if you ever come on to the Ouse you will pass us if so pop in for tea.

    All the best,

    Roger & Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roger - Yes it was a long time I seem to remember. I hope you and Babs will come and see me when I am settled in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will keep in touch and will visit you.

      Delete