An excerpt from Wind in the Willows

Nice? It's the ONLY thing, said the Water Rat solemnly, as he leant forward for his stroke. Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING - absolute nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing, he went on dreamily: messing - about - in - boats; messing----'
From 'Wind in the Willows' by Kenneth Grahame.

Friday, 26 April 2013

Finally Moved

It's been a while since I posted - mainly due to tidying up 22 years of living in the same house.  I finally moved out of my house in Brookwood today and am going to cruise on the boat for the next six weeks whilst the new house in Stoke Bruerne is renovated inside.

I shall be eternally grateful to my friend Sue who has been staying for the past week helping me get ready for 'D-Day' but it is over now and I am warm and cosy on the boat and my friend Sue is sound asleep down the back somewhere - well deserved in my view.

I shall miss Brookwood (my home in two houses for 28 years) and most especially my friends at Byfleet Boat Club - you know who you are!

4 comments:

  1. Hello Kathryn
    I thought of you today and turned to your blog amazingly on the same day you moved from Brookwood!

    We have finally got ourselves sorted in our new house (actually not new at all as it was built in the 1790's) in Knaresborough. We will be setting out for the summer on Leo around the weekend of the first May Bank Holiday. Our blog at http://ianhelencanals.blogspot.co.uk/ will show where we've got to. We've changed our planned route so that we will not now pass Stoke Bruerne until late in the season. Hope to see you then.

    Best wishes and good luck in your travels and with the new house.

    Ian and Helen from Leo

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a photo of your boat on the BBC South Today lunchtime news, in an item about a landslip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing like boating to get away from all the hassles of that other life. Enjoy your time of R&R on board Leo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ian and Helen - Thank you - hope to see you when you come through Stoke Bruerne later in the year.

    Adam - How interesting - now accounting for taste!

    ReplyDelete