An excerpt from Wind in the Willows

Nice? It's the ONLY thing, said the Water Rat solemnly, as he leant forward for his stroke. Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING - absolute nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing, he went on dreamily: messing - about - in - boats; messing----'
From 'Wind in the Willows' by Kenneth Grahame.

Friday, 3 May 2013

Canalway Cavalcade

Well here I am at Canalway Cavalcade (Little Venice) and after such a short time here (3 hours) it is a 'never again' from me.  Four times I have come here and four times I have been abandoned into the countryside whilst all the 'in' crowd have moorings in Brownings Pool.  I couldn't even obtain my goodie bag (with it's security braclet) so I am sitting in the dark on my boat wondering how I can complain in the morning without 'losing it'. The Waterspace Office closed at 18:00 and whilst I arrived in time to collect my stuff being single handed and with what can only be described as an utter shambles for those not fortunate enough to be allocated a Brownings Pool mooring I had to stay with the boat until such time as I could moor it safely - that was 20:00, some two hours after the Waterspace Office closed.

I know and understand that the festival is run with volunteers but if you charge money you should deliver.  I will sleep on my anger and decide what I what I will do in the morning but I think it will be asking to see the person in charge (not just the Waterspace Manager), if that's not possible then it will be an E-mail to the Chairman of the IWA.  At the moment I am ashamed to be a member of the IWA have experienced the treatment I have this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment