An excerpt from Wind in the Willows

Nice? It's the ONLY thing, said the Water Rat solemnly, as he leant forward for his stroke. Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING - absolute nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing, he went on dreamily: messing - about - in - boats; messing----'
From 'Wind in the Willows' by Kenneth Grahame.

Wednesday, 22 May 2013

Moored River Wey

I am moored on the Wey at the moment whilst the works are undertaken to renovate the house.  The builder specifically asked me not to 'pop in' as they may be at an awkward stage.  However I am going tomorrow (23-May) as I am going to discuss bedroom flooring.

The current state of the flooring is chipboard and I want to see if it is financially viable to:

1. Remove the chipboard and put down reclaimed pine floorboards
2. Retain the chipboard and put down an 'engineered' wooden floor
3. Retain the chipboard and put down good quality carpet

I think there are pros and cons of all the three options - I know the cost of the carpeting so it is just really t talk to the builder and the floor expert to see what they can do and what my budget will allow.  I assume that the house originally had pine floorboards (built about 1840) and if I can I'd like to do that but fear it may delay the completion of the work and severely dent the bank balance.  The only way to find out is to see what can be done and what the cost is (and not to forget if it includes or excludes VAT and the not insignificant amount of 20%)

No comments:

Post a Comment