An excerpt from Wind in the Willows

Nice? It's the ONLY thing, said the Water Rat solemnly, as he leant forward for his stroke. Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING - absolute nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing, he went on dreamily: messing - about - in - boats; messing----'
From 'Wind in the Willows' by Kenneth Grahame.

Thursday, 23 May 2013

Update on the house renovation

The party wall between me and
James next door
I have been to Stoke Bruerne today to check on the progress of the
You can see from the marks on the
remaining wall where the awful wall
was the surrounded the staurs
'new' house.  I must say I am delighted with how things are turning out and all the workmen whom I have met have been very accommodating and helpful.

The plastering was finished just as I arrived and the new kitchen arrived at about 14:00.  I have seen samples of the possible new floorboards; I now need to make a decision when the builders send me the prices and advise on the extra time needed to put in 'boards' rather than carpet - I know what's right in terms of returning the house to original but I have to balance that with living there as 'Anno Domini' catches up with me.  There are before pictures on the estate agents particulars which are here.


1 comment:

  1. OK, got you now Leo thanks. Gosh that photo is scary of the boat in the waves/swell. Will contact you laters. Jacquie

    ReplyDelete