An excerpt from Wind in the Willows

Nice? It's the ONLY thing, said the Water Rat solemnly, as he leant forward for his stroke. Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING - absolute nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing, he went on dreamily: messing - about - in - boats; messing----'
From 'Wind in the Willows' by Kenneth Grahame.

Tuesday, 7 May 2013

Work progressing at Stoke Bruerne

The place where the fireplace was
I was invited to go and look at my 'new' house today as the electricians wanted to know where I wanted the power points.

The kitchen is stripped and one small wall is down, the fireplace has been removed to give a huge amount more space in the sitting room and, as can be expected, there is mess everywhere.

At long last I am becoming excited about the prospect of living there - I know it is the right thing to do for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment