An excerpt from Wind in the Willows

Nice? It's the ONLY thing, said the Water Rat solemnly, as he leant forward for his stroke. Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING - absolute nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing, he went on dreamily: messing - about - in - boats; messing----'
From 'Wind in the Willows' by Kenneth Grahame.

Thursday, 20 June 2013

And what happens when I am gone?

Well apart from everyone celebrating as I am moving house and tidying up the loose ends, wills and things like that, I wondered what happened to all my stuff that's on line.

Most of my stuff is with Google (I loved them initially but recently have become less than happy but things are so intertwined on Google I suspect I'll stay).  I googled what happens if my accounts are not used and found this which I have set up.  It will detect no account use after one month of inactivity and after six months will delete all my data - I would imagine that if I haven't used the account(s) in that timescale I am probably past it and may be pushing up daisies somewhere.  The last thing I want is for 'me' to stay on-line once I have shuffled off.  It may not be for some time but we never know when our time is up so in my view it is better to be prepared!

No comments:

Post a Comment