An excerpt from Wind in the Willows

Nice? It's the ONLY thing, said the Water Rat solemnly, as he leant forward for his stroke. Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING - absolute nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing, he went on dreamily: messing - about - in - boats; messing----'
From 'Wind in the Willows' by Kenneth Grahame.

Saturday, 8 June 2013

Delightful Mooring

Leo No2 at Walsham Gates
Whilst I am waiting for the house to be finished and whilst the herringbone moorings at Addlestone are being renovated the National Trust have kindly put me on a residential mooring at Walsham Gates.  I have to say there is not much I can find wrong with it,  quiet, car just 5 mins away, good internet access and on the non-towpath side.  I think the only downside is the speed of the passing boats (not all and predominately private boats - the one who was asked to slow down at 06:15 yesterday morning got the fright of his life and stammered a reply along the lines of 'I didn't think anyone was aboard').  It doesn't matter in my view if anyone is aboard or not - it's the boat that can also be damaged - although mine moves not more than a couple of inches.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Kathryn

    Great to hear that you're secure and happy on the Wey - bet you can't wait for the big move - get in touch when you've got a date - we're happy to help :-)

    Sue, nb Indigo Dream

    ReplyDelete