An excerpt from Wind in the Willows

Nice? It's the ONLY thing, said the Water Rat solemnly, as he leant forward for his stroke. Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING - absolute nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing, he went on dreamily: messing - about - in - boats; messing----'
From 'Wind in the Willows' by Kenneth Grahame.

Sunday, 28 July 2013

A visit and a view from my front door

Raymond and Nutfield singling
out at Stoke Bruerne top lock
I had a very enjoyable visit last night from the team (Trevor, John and Ray) on the Narrowboat Trust pair Brighton and Nuneaton who were able to moor on Sculptor's mooring as Sculptor was away at Linslade.  We had a very enjoyable evening in the Boat Inn whilst the summer storms hammered down outside.  I saw them off through Stoke Bruerne top lock at about 08:00 this morning.  In the meantime they have passed my friends Mick and Suzanne (Aqua Vitae) and Rod and Val (Hazell Nut) so I'll have more visitors tomorrow unless they decide to slip through under cover of darkness!

The picture is of Raymond and Nutfield (again) taken from my front doorstep this evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment