An excerpt from Wind in the Willows

Nice? It's the ONLY thing, said the Water Rat solemnly, as he leant forward for his stroke. Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING - absolute nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing, he went on dreamily: messing - about - in - boats; messing----'
From 'Wind in the Willows' by Kenneth Grahame.

Tuesday, 30 July 2013

And yet more visitors!

Clover (with Fazeley just visible)
fully loaded at the IWA
festival at Watford
It's getting very busy here in Stoke Bruerne!

I walked outside yesterday morning to be 'accosted' by Sue on Cleddau - we had a very pleasant chat as they went into the top lock.  Hope to see you on the way back.

I then saw the unmistakeable shape of Sculptor returning from the festival at Linslade sharing with Galatea so had a nice chat with Ollie Brown and Denise as they made their way north.

Later in the afternoon my friends Mick and Suzanne (and Holly the spaniel) on Aqua Vitae and Rod and Val on Hazell Nut moored in the long pound and came to see me - perhaps more to see how the house was - Rodney has been so helpful with my move here.  In the evening we had a lovely meal at the Navigation.

Today I am taking Suzanne and Val to Tesco in Towcester whilst Mick and Rodney kindly put my bathroom cabinet up.

I am not sure I am ever going to find the time to sort the house out completely whilst I am distracted by the goings on outside my front door!

I did notice when my four friends were with me in the house yesterday that the boys suddenly disappeared to talk to a chap on a Norton Canes boat which was passing!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the perfect house - you'll never be lonely there - imagine what it would be like if you got a greyhound :-D

    You can sort the house out in the Winter!

    Sue, nb Indigo Dream

    ReplyDelete