|Mooring on the change in Stoke Bruerne?|
- There was discussion with representatives from Canal World Discussion Forum prior to any announcement - most of the 'agreement' struck at these meetings may have been ignored.
- The formal announcement was made just two weeks before the imposition - that's just not enough time to communicate fully and effectively in my view
- The imposition stinks of 'we know best' and is, in my opinion, a 'heads in the sand approach'
- This morning (Saturday 10-August) is right in the middle of the school holidays - prime time you would have thought so I undertook a little survey this morning during a 'before breakfast' walk to the tunnel mouth and back. There was space for two 60' boats on the disabled moorings (you can use those if they are not required for disabled boaters), there was space for a 40' boat just above the old wharf and space for a 70' boat just a wee bit further on. The area between the winding hole and the tunnel mouth was empty but there was a hire boat in the winding hole!
- There are no 'regulations' in place for boaters to view the restrictions less than 14 days before they become active
- I don't understand why this restriction was not trialled at one site first and then reviewed (with feedback from the boaters) before rolling out to the remaining sites
- On what basis are they going to make a £25 charge for overstaying and what is the process to challenge that charge if they get the index number (for example) of your boat wrong and you have a charge on your record when the boat wasn't anywhere near that location