An excerpt from Wind in the Willows

Nice? It's the ONLY thing, said the Water Rat solemnly, as he leant forward for his stroke. Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING - absolute nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing, he went on dreamily: messing - about - in - boats; messing----'
From 'Wind in the Willows' by Kenneth Grahame.

Saturday, 17 August 2013

Stoke Bruerne at War


The weekend of 14/15-September is Stoke Bruerne at War weekend.  It looks
150 people in my house?!
like it will be a fun weekend but perhaps quite crowded.  I am certainly going to get involved - I have a sign which says 'Air Raid Shelter, max 150 persons' and I have won a red fire bucket on E-Bay.  Those two items along with putting masking tape on my windows should ensure an authentic look.

1 comment:

  1. Have you got your gas mask yet?

    How can you get 150 persons into your air-raid shelter?

    ReplyDelete