An excerpt from Wind in the Willows

Nice? It's the ONLY thing, said the Water Rat solemnly, as he leant forward for his stroke. Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING - absolute nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing, he went on dreamily: messing - about - in - boats; messing----'
From 'Wind in the Willows' by Kenneth Grahame.

Saturday, 26 October 2013

A little bit extra

Having brought the boat back from Baxters in Yardley Gobion I thought it would be sensible to fill with diesel before the winter.  Jules Fuels (Julia and Richard) were due in Stoke Bruerne yesterday and arrived as expected.  What I didn't realise was that their diesel comes with anti diesel bug formula already added.  I think that's a real bonus and would encourage me to buy from Julia and Richard whenever I can.

The boat is due at Grand Junction for its annual engine/gearbox maintenance on Monday at 09:00 - I was planning to leave Stoke Bruerne on Monday morning early, as it is on an hour's run to the junction, so that the boat arrived with a nicely warmed engine but the weather forecasters (they with the pessimistic view of things) say it is going to awful on Monday morning (but the tunnel would be a refuge I think).  I shall wait until Sunday morning to see what things are like and then make a decision.

1 comment:

  1. We filled up from the same supply a couple of days ago and were equally pleasantly surprised to be told that she puts the inhibitor in. Not only helps when it is in our tank but also when it is in hers. Seems, as far as I can tell, to be one of those good customer relations things that helps to keep people coming back - but then I guess your BA training said the same thing!

    ReplyDelete