An excerpt from Wind in the Willows

Nice? It's the ONLY thing, said the Water Rat solemnly, as he leant forward for his stroke. Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING - absolute nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing, he went on dreamily: messing - about - in - boats; messing----'
From 'Wind in the Willows' by Kenneth Grahame.

Tuesday, 15 October 2013

Blacking time again

Leo No2 is in for blacking again - it hardly seems 2 years since she was having it done last time at Laleham on the Thames.  I am pleased I have had it done for two reasons:
  • It gives me the opportunity to look at the boat in the whole and see how it has fared over the previous 2 years
  • It seems the previous blacking was just one coat (I paid for 2) and it also seems that it went back in the water whilst the one coat of blacking was still wet.
No lasting damage was done thankfully, but it makes you wary of who you entrust with your boat. I am bringing Leo No2 back to Stoke Bruerne next Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment