An excerpt from Wind in the Willows

Nice? It's the ONLY thing, said the Water Rat solemnly, as he leant forward for his stroke. Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING - absolute nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing, he went on dreamily: messing - about - in - boats; messing----'
From 'Wind in the Willows' by Kenneth Grahame.

Tuesday, 5 November 2013

Now safely tucked up in Blisworth Marina

Leo No2 On the way from Braunston
Photo Rob Westlake
Leo No2 is now safely tucked up in Blisworth Marina after a (very) expensive annual service at Grand Junction.  I'll not say any more about the annual service until such time as I have had a response from the company who serviced it in 2011 and 2012.  To say they found a shortcut or two may be the understatement of the year.  I have written to the Managing Director and await a response.  Depending on the response I may publish my letter.

Leo No2 will be on the move again soon and will definitely be in Stoke Bruerne for the annual illuminated boats event on Saturday 7-December.

What is quite strange is that I am just two boats away from a boat called Zindagi - I shared the whole of the Deepcut flight with Zindagi just after I bought Leo No2 all those years ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment