An excerpt from Wind in the Willows

Nice? It's the ONLY thing, said the Water Rat solemnly, as he leant forward for his stroke. Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING - absolute nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing, he went on dreamily: messing - about - in - boats; messing----'
From 'Wind in the Willows' by Kenneth Grahame.

Saturday, 14 December 2013

Right place, right time, right equipment

It happens sometimes that everything comes together as it did this morning when I went out in search of a photo to help support the work that Bob The Blacksmith undertakes at the southern portal of Blisworth Tunnel.  There's a bit more to that story here.  As I walked up to the tunnel I turned and saw a most beautiful scene which I managed to take a photograph of.  I don't think it does what I saw justice but near enough.

2 comments:

  1. Kathryn, forgive me for using your comment box to ask you a question: When we met you some months ago at SB top lock (and you kindly supplied us with tea/coffee) you mentioned a couple of people who were good at fixing boats. I think it was at Blisworth - is this right? We need someone to find (and repair) a leak in Jubilee's central heating system.

    Nice photo!

    ReplyDelete