An excerpt from Wind in the Willows

Nice? It's the ONLY thing, said the Water Rat solemnly, as he leant forward for his stroke. Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING - absolute nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing, he went on dreamily: messing - about - in - boats; messing----'
From 'Wind in the Willows' by Kenneth Grahame.

Wednesday, 24 September 2014

A lovely trip to Byfleet (by car)

Leo outside my house (the one with
the hanging baskets)
Byfleet Boat Club had their open weekend this last weekend so I decided to pay a visit as it's been almost 12 months since I was last there - to bring the boat back up to Stoke Bruerne.

I had a thoroughly enjoyable day topped off by an excellent BBQ and the Croydon Steel Band. It was lovely to meet old friends - as in long standing and not because they are old (well some of them may be!).  Chris and Suzanne - do hope your injuries heal quickly.

Leo is in Stoke Bruerne at the moment courtesy of my friends Mike Partridge and Chris and Roy Sears - it is lovely having it so close as it enables me to do all those little jobs that need doing and to be able to walk home for lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment