An excerpt from Wind in the Willows

Nice? It's the ONLY thing, said the Water Rat solemnly, as he leant forward for his stroke. Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING - absolute nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing, he went on dreamily: messing - about - in - boats; messing----'
From 'Wind in the Willows' by Kenneth Grahame.

Sunday, 13 December 2015

Thank you

I'd just like to express my heartfelt thanks for all the kind comments here and on my 'Hip' blog. I shall update both blogs tomorrow when (if) I find out what the immediate future holds.

I am feeling much better (although not that much more mobile yet).  Fantastic events in Stoke Bruerne yesterday with the opening of Ark Stained Glass by our MP Andrea Leadsom with Richard Parry and Vicky Martin from CRT, then the opening of the Stoke Bruerne Interpretation Project (I was working on that when I broke my hip!), with Andrea, Richard and Vicky again.  Finally Illuminated Boats and Carols on the Cut which was great, if somewhat oversubscribed, with the village brought to a standstill by the number of cars and people.  We shall need to review car parking arrangements rather urgently I think.

I have discovered that in lieu of a DVT injection in my tummy every evening a couple of glass of (good quality) red will suffice - no choice really - just need somewhere to store the bottles!

No comments:

Post a Comment