An excerpt from Wind in the Willows

Nice? It's the ONLY thing, said the Water Rat solemnly, as he leant forward for his stroke. Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING - absolute nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing, he went on dreamily: messing - about - in - boats; messing----'
From 'Wind in the Willows' by Kenneth Grahame.

Friday, 10 June 2016

Oh Dear

Perhaps I could have been a little more forthright!  I attended Northampton General Hospital (NGH) after requesting an appointment.  The X-Rays, which were quite invasive, showed a badly degenerated right hip (well the ball part) which is crumbling like chalk - it is known as Avascular Necrosis and was one of the risks (1:10 chance) explained to me.

Sadly the femoral head has died but to give NGH their due they said it might happen, and they have me booked in for Wednesday 15-June as a trauma patient rather than an elective surgery patient.  Then another week or so in hospital and another six weeks of taking life easily - I think I'll just write 2016 off!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear this, Kathryn. May the surgery go well and may you be back on your feet very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a disappointment Kathryn. Hope that the surgery goes well. Keep your chin up!
    Carol and George wb Still Rockin’ x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh poor you! Such bad luck. What a good job you've pushed to be checked out when it started hurting again. Hope the op goes well and that you are soon on the road to recovery.
    Kath & Neil (nb Herbie)

    ReplyDelete